15 Fun Spring Home Decor Ideas
This post contains affiliate links. See About Us for more information.
Spring is an excellent time to not only do some household cleaning but also to refresh your home decor. Add something floral or something bright to make your home a little more cheerful and sunny!
These DIY spring decorating ideas will bring a splash of spring sunshine to your home.
Spring Floral Arrangements
Floral arrangements are a great way to update your decor with a spring mood. But why stay with a simple bouquet when you can get a bit more elaborate? Here are some amazing ideas for how to make your bouquets more exciting and give them that sweet spring style.
1. Add some lovely clip on butterflies to your flower arrangements to make them even cuter! Or get beautiful painted butterflies on sticks so you can place them in a flower arrangement or even outside in the garden.
3. If you prefer not to purchase real flowers you can use faux blooms and nestle them in with the fake eggs without the need for water. You can find gorgeous fake flowers online now, check these faux peonies out! And look at this beautiful arrangement with faux branches by Stone Gable blog.
5. Spring is the time for bulbs. Why not create some beautiful living decor for your home to welcome the new season? You can fill a shallow dish or vase with small stones and rest the bulbs between them. Water regularly and as the weather warms up you can enjoy the gorgeous narcissus or daffodils. A bulb arrangement in a lovely container also makes a wonderful gift.
A vintage style cake tin or a low ceramic dish make ideal containers like the below example from G-style. If you like to see the bulbs, roots and stones – a glass vase is an excellent option. I like the lower profile ones but you can also use a taller vase to force the bulbs.
6. You can also use cute vintage style wire egg baskets or towers for your arrangements. Take a look at this cute Easter decor idea from WelkeWonen.nl.
8. If you don’t have a big vase you can also make charming arrangements with groupings of mason jars or just ones you have saved from jams, jellies and salsas.
9. Do you have any large plants in your garden that could use a trim? Lop off some large leaves and paint them in pastel or metallic colors for an unusual, eye-catching idea. You can put them in a large vase or even tie some thread to the stems and dangle them from the ceiling, or make a garland like this one from A Fabulous Fete.
10. If you are crafty you can also think about building a beautiful spring wreath to decorate your front door or mantle. Check out some ideas here on our Pinterest board. You can make one yourself or shop for gorgeous ones on Etsy, from simple (below) to luscious.
11. A colorful pair of rubber boots can become fun spring decorations if you fill them with a potted plant or flowers. You can even use faux blooms if you like.
Spring Wall Art & Decor
12. What if you don’t have a green thumb or you are allergic to flowers? Great news! You can spruce up your living space with art for your walls. Look at this gorgeous abstract print by Melanie Sevarin or dreamy photos of European cities by Annie Montgomery.
13. Looking for something unique? How about beautiful botanical stencils for your walls or windows?
14. Create unusual wall art or decoration for your mantle using bird nests. Glue some eggs inside, add some moss and maybe even a fake bird like this one. You can display them on a wall in an interesting arrangement to show off their organic shapes.
These are great ideas to freshen up your home, use as Easter tablescapes or bring a bit of the outside in. Happy Spring!
Posts you might also like: