8 Romantic Things To Do in Chicago
This post contains affiliate links. See About Us for more information.
Planning a unique date in Chicago? Looking for things to do for Valentines Day or an anniversary?
Find out about fun things to do in Chicago for couples like craft beer tasting, boat rides, walks around the lake and getting some culture at a local museum. Grab your sweetheart by the hand and discover some of these romantic ideas for couples in Chicago.
8 Romantic Things To Do in Chicago Illinois
- Strolling hand in hand is the perfect way to spend a day with your special someone. Head to the Chicago Lakefront Trail for a leisurely walk with your sweetie. There is 18 miles of lakefront to explore. This is also a great idea if you are looking for free things to do in Chicago. And if you prefer two wheels you can rent a bike or use one of the Divvy city bikes.
- If you like getting a view from the top, head to one of Chicago’s soaring skyscrapers for a romantic moment. There are plenty of tall buildings to choose from. Visit Willis Tower and the Skydeck on the 103rd floor or the John Hancock Center where you can take in the sunset views from the 94th floor deck.
- To me, nothing is more romantic than a boat ride. Chicago has plenty to choose from. Interested in architecture? Join a Chicago Architecture River Cruise and learn about the buildings along the river and the city’s history. Or watch fireworks from a dinner cruise while you sip wine and feast on a buffet dinner.
- Is your date a fan of craft beer? Take them on a tour and tasting at one of Chicago’s amazing breweries. A beer tour and tasting is one of the fun things do Chicago for couples as well as fun things to do in Chicago for adults. Try Goose Island, Moody Tongue Brewing Company, Cruz Blanca Cerveceria or On Tour Brewing.
- An arty day out is always good if you are looking for unique date ideas in Chicago. And of course the Chicago Art Institute is one of the best. You could also check out the Museum of Contemporary Art. Get tickets in advance here and skip the lines.
- Does your lover love to laugh? Take them on a date to Chicago’s famous Second City to see some sketch comedy. This is a great option for romantic things to do in Chicago at night. Combine with a delicious dinner, some fancy cocktails or a few beers at a local brewery for the perfect evening out. Even better add in the gift of some improv classes or take some hilarious improv classes together!
- Of course there are many romantic restaurants in Chicago for every taste. Book a table on the rooftop at Noyane or Shanghai Terrace or a cozy table for two at Michelen-starred Alinea. If that sounds too formal and boring you could join a food tour and explore the culinary scene in Chicago on foot or by bike.
- Looking for romantic things to do in Chicago in winter? Try ice skating at Millennium Park! Or get to know the city by joining a fun winter walking tour or a holiday lights Segway tour.
Are you looking for the most romantic hotel in Chicago?
If you are planning a romantic weekend in Chicago and need ideas for places to stay, try a hotel with lake views for that extra special experience.
Planning to get engaged in Chicago or just want to save beautiful memories? Book a professional photographer to capture images of you and your sweetie exploring romantic Chicago together.
I hope this list of romantic things to do in Chicago gave you some good ideas for an anniversary, birthday or Valentines Day with your special someone. There is no lack of romantic places in Chicago and unique date ideas that you can enjoy.
Posts you might also like: