10 Reasons to go on a River Cruise
This post contains affiliate links. See About Us for more information.
Are you debating whether or not to go on a river cruise? Perhaps the somewhat high price tag scares you or you wonder if you’ll be bored.
Here are 10 reasons why you should go on a river cruise. And feel free to share this with your companions who might need convincing too!
- It’s relaxing! Leave the planning and navigation up to someone else and just enjoy your vacation.
- No dragging luggage around and packing and unpacking!
- No lines for security or waiting at airports.
- River cruises are more intimate than ocean cruises. The largest river cruise has about 180 passengers.
- See smaller towns and historic sights, not just big cities. Go wine tasting on the Douro, visit castles along the Rhine, see tombs in Egypt and temples in Cambodia.
- Step off right in the middle of a town instead of traveling long distances from the airports.
- The food is usually excellent on river cruises. Chefs hop off the boat at port to pick up fresh local ingredients. This often makes the quality of dining onboard a river cruise quite delicious!
- You can usually bring your own booze onboard, and if not the boats have excellent value drink packages plus wine is often included with lunch and dinner.
- River cruises can be active with fun excursions like cycling, kayaking and of course long walking tours. The shore excursions also are in smaller groups and have interesting activities. And to top it off, shore excursions are often included in the price of the cruise.
- Lastly, because boats and rivers are fun! If you’re like me you’ll grab any excuse to go on a boat.
Enjoy your next river cruise! Have a great time!
PIN IT NOW
Posts you might also like:
- Packing for a Trip to Hawaii
- Best Luggage to Use on a Cruise
- 10 Things you should NOT bring on a cruise
- Alaska Cruise Packing List
- Alaska Cruise Packing List for Men
- Packing for Iceland
- 10 Fun Things To Do in Tucson
- Packing List for a Spring Trip to Europe
- 10 Things to Bring on a Transatlantic Cruise
- Best Walking Boots & Shoes for Europe in Fall & Winter
- Packing List for a Summer Trip to Europe