Best Boat Cruises in Berlin
This post contains affiliate links. See About Us for more information.
Planning to visit Berlin? There is simply nothing nicer than seeing a city from the water. Take a Spree cruise to relax on the river or check out some of Berlin’s best lakes.
You might be surprised to learn that Berlin and surrounding Brandenburg has more than 30,000 kilometers of water and is known as the land of 3,000 lakes! Here are some of my favorite Berlin boat trips.
Berlin Boat Rides on the Spree River
- Experience Berlin from a new perspective on a bridge tour on the Landwehr Canal and river Spree. See more than 40 bridges and learn about their exciting and moving histories. See everything from ultra-modern structures to ancient bridges in a wide variety of architectural styles.
- Enjoy lunch onboard as you cruise along the Spree on this relaxing boat ride where you will spot some of Berlin’s iconic buildings from the water.
- Take a 2.5-hour boat cruise along the River Spree and learn interesting facts about Berlin while seeing the sights from the water including the government district, Bellevue Palace, Berlin Cathedral, and Museum Island.
- Love country western music? Hop on this 4 hour cruise along the River Spree and dance to a live western band while you enjoy Berlin’s sights along the river.
- Dine on a 3-course meal while discovering Berlin’s most popular attractions from the water, including the Oberbaumbrücke bridge, the German Museum of Technology, and the Castles of Bellevue and Charlottenburg.
- Spend a day on the water with a boat ride from Treptow Harbor with a stop for a few hours in Rüdersdorf. You’ll cruise via the old towns of Köpenick and Friedrichshagen. Cruise past the Großer Müggelsee, Müggelspree, Neu-Venedig, and Erkner before passing by Woltersdorf Lock, Kalksee, and Hohler See. You then journey along the Mühlenfließ to Rüdersdorf and the district of Schulzenhöhe and admire the scenery along the way.
- Take a 5-hour cruise through Müggelberge and enjoy a view of greater and lesser Müggelberge, with more than 300 kilometers of forest paths and waterways. Continue along the Müggelspree to the New Venice water district, with bridges and canals built in the 1920s, before crossing the Dämeritzsee and proceeding along the Gosen Canal to the Seddinsee and the oldest sports area of Berlin, the Grünau international regatta site.
Berlin Boat Rides on the Lakes
- Do you love a peaceful boat ride? Enjoy a 2 hour tour of the lovely Havel Lakes. Start at Wannsee and venture beyond Little Wannsee to Pohlesee, Stölpchensee, Griebnitzsee, Glienicker Lake, Jungfernsee and over the Havel, then back to Wannsee again. Afterward you can visit the beach or relax at a biergarten
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage region between Potsdam and Berlin on this 3-hour cruise from the Wannsee. Learn interesting facts about the magnificent yacht clubs, palaces, gardens and mansions along the chain of lakes and admire the picturesque scenery of small islands and sailboats.
- Enjoy a 3-hour tour on the lakes from Berlin-Tegel to Potsdam. Cruise across the Havel towards Wannsee before continuing on past Kladow, Peacock Island, and Cecilienhof Palace to Potsdam. If you like you can also enjoy a lovely meal onboard.
Berlin Watersports & Kayaking
- Experience Berlin from a kayak along the Landwehr Canal. See Tiergarten and Zoologischer Garten from the water and learn about the capital’s impressive water lock system.
- Take a 1.5-hour stand-up paddle board tour with a guide. Discover the Osthafen and paddle along the River Spree between the Oberbaum Bridge, the Media Spree, the Molecule Man, and Elsenbrücke.
- See Berlin’s Kreuzberg district from a new perspective on a relaxed, 2-hour evening kayak tour along the Landwehr Canal. Discover interesting facts about the historic of the district and enjoy the evening atmosphere as you paddle peacefully along the canal.
- Paddle to Köpenick in a canoe and see the former prison as well as the remaining cell of the famous captain. Stop for a drink or snack in a beer garden in the old city of Köpenick
You can also rent boats on Berlin’s lakes like:
- Krumme Lanke
- Tegeler See
I hope this list helps you find the Berlin cruise that is perfect for you. Have fun on your Spree river boat cruise or exploring the lakes!
Looking for the best area to stay in Berlin?
Compare lodging prices in Berlin across booking engines at Hotels Combined. Or take a look at Airbnb and use this link to save around $35 off your reservation. If you prefer to use Booking.com you can register at Booking.com using this link and get $20 cash back after your stay!
Posts you might also like:
- Packing List for a Spring Trip to Europe
- 10 Best River Boat Cruises in Paris
- 10 Best River Boat Cruises in London
- 10 Best Anti Theft Travel Purses
- 15 Fun Things to Do in Barcelona
- 10 Fun Things To Do in Amsterdam
- 10 Fun Things To Do in San Diego
- 20 Fun Things To Do in Phoenix
- 10 Fun Things To Do in Las Vegas for Couples
- Best Bike Tours in Versailles